Time to cook: 15 min
Serves: 4 (1 per pizza)
- One bag of pita/Lebanese bread (as big as you want the pizza base)
- 4 tbs Pizza sauce (one per pizza)
- 350g Mozzarella cheese (or Boccioni balls)
- Basil (optional)
- 100g cherry tomatos
- 1 large cooking tray per 2 pizzas
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Heat oven to 180°C (Fan forced)
- Cut mozzarella/ Boccioni balls into smaller amounts (about 1.5cmx1.5 cm) and set aside.
- Put 1tb of pizza sauce on each pita bread and spread until 1cm away from edges
- Add cheese and cherry tomatoes evenly spaced over the pizza
- Put pizza into over for 10 minutes (or until cheese is melted and liquidy)
- Removed from oven, cut into quarters and serve with basil on top.
I tend to cook one pizza a night because they taste amazing fresh. To make the process quicker, I cut up all the cheese and cherry tomatoes beforehand and add them the night of. It’s such a low effort recipe and I love this classic Italian flavor. Feel free to customize it how you like!